Imagine Cruising Banner

Frequently Asked Questions

We have listed our most frequently asked questions and answers about travelling with Imagine Cruising. Please pick a category that best suits your enquiry.

Essential Information for our Ultimate Cunard Canaries Sailcations

We hope you are looking forward to our Ultimate Cunard Canaries Sailcations with Imagine Cruising.

Below are some handy tips and information to help you prepare for your trip

Pre travel requirements

You will have received a reminder from Cunard to complete all details required for travel on My Cunard. We sent you a link to this with your booking confirmation.

 This will include

Once completed, at 21 days prior to travel you will be able to

  • Download your e-tickets
  • Download and print your luggage labels
  • If you are unable to action the above to produce your e ticket and access your luggage labels, please email and we will be happy to assist.

3 Days prior to departure you will need to complete

  • Health declaration form on my Cunard

Where will my cruise depart from?

If you are travelling on our 18th October Sailcation, your cruise will depart from the Ocean Terminal in Southampton.  If you are arriving by car, please head for the Prenetics testing site adjacent to the Mayflower Terminal. The Cunard team will offer a pre boarding lateral flow/rapid antigen test at the drive through centre. 

Anyone being dropped off at the port or arriving on foot, please head straight to the Prenetics site at the Ocean Terminal and your pre boarding test will be offered here.

Anyone testing positive at these sites will be denied boarding.  

Terminal information and testing sites for anyone travelling on our 1st December Sailcation will be updated on this page when available. 

Parking and hotels at the port

Please use this handy link below to Holiday Extras for parking at Southampton and pre or post hotel stays - Imagine Cruising - Click Here

Shore Excursions

Guests will be able to go ashore independently, but must adhere to the specific COVID-19 protocols in each destination. However, as restrictions in each destination are changeable, and some destinations may only allow cruise line organised experiences ashore, we highly recommend you purchase Cunard shore experiences prior to travel to ensure you always have the option to explore each destination. These will be bookable on My Cunard. 

Drinks packages

There are a variety of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks packages available to book on ‘My Cunard’ prior to sailing.

Speciality dining experience

Speciality dining restaurants can only be booked whilst on board. To avoid disappointment, please ensure you make your reservation soon after boarding to secure your place.    

What to pack

Sea Days

As this time is leisurely, it’s important to wear clothes that you feel comfortable in. Shorts and T-shirts are perfectly acceptable, and we’d encourage you to bring swimwear so you can enjoy the pools, spa and whirlpools on your ship. If you want to use the gym, join an exercise class or run a mile around the deck, ensure you pack a pair of trainers and whatever you normally wear to work out.

Swimwear isn’t permitted in indoor dining areas, so if you are planning to visit your stateroom’s main restaurant for breakfast or lunch, be sure to factor in time for a quick change in your stateroom. Alternatively, enjoy complimentary room service or a drink brought to you on your sun lounger as you while away the hours at sea.

Evenings on board

If you do want to make an effort in the evening you won’t be alone. The majority of guests travelling embrace the chance to switch to smart attire by night. This doesn’t mean you’ll be expected to wear a gown or dinner jacket each evening. Smart attire simply means a dress shirt and trousers, skirt and a top, or a cocktail dress. Essentially, choose something along the same vein as you’d wear to a stylish restaurant or the theatre on a special occasion.

At least twice on each seven-night voyage Cunard will host a Gala Evening, when this happens they do ask that you observe a black-tie dress code. Again, it’s your choice whether to participate in these evenings or not. Many guests choose to sail specifically because they look forward to these events.

Exclusive Imagine Events on board

There will be  two shows performed at the theatre by our exclusive acts during your cruise, alongside Cunard’s own entertainment programme. 

These will be ticketed events, but seats will be allocated on a first come first served basis and you will have the chance to see all performances.  Tickets for all performances will be sent to your cabin after embarkation, please ensure you bring these along with you to the theatre.   

Please see the below list of our exclusive performance dates for the 18th October Sailcation.  1st December Sailcation performances will be updated here when available. 

Show Date



Monday 18th October 2021


Paul Potts

Southampton to Madeira (at sea)





Tuesday 19th October 2021


Paul Potts

Southampton to Madeira (at sea)





Wednesday 20th October 2021


Bjorn Again will perform twice

Southampton to Madeira (at sea)





Thursday 21st October 2021


Michael Ball will perform twice

Southampton to Madeira (at sea)






Friday 22nd October 2021



Southampton to Madeira (Madeira overnight)





Saturday 30th October 2021


Eammon Holmes

Lisbon to Southampton






Sunday 31st October 2021


Eammon Holmes

Lisbon to Southampton